PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) operates a coal mine in Sangatta East Kalimantan and is one of the largest export coal mines in the world. Coal Production target for 2008 is 46 mtpa and plan are underway for further expansion in 2009 and beyond to bring optimum economic return to the company and its stakeholder.
Vacancies exist for the position of
Superintendent - Operational Purchasing
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• Manage the operational purchasing process including ensuring adherence to company policy, code of conduct, setting procedures and controls etc.
• Oversee the Sections activities to keep up to date with work issues, monitor the effectiveness of fools and techniques employed, maximize efficiencies and recommend improvements.
• Review and analyse systems, projects and work undertaken by the Section to provide feedback to staff, gauge progress against goal, consistency of approach and initiate new developments, designed to support business objectives.
• Analyse key suppliers their respective strengths and weaknesses and design processes to improve supply chain operation.
• Liaise with overseas and local suppliers and international procurement agencies to purchase general operating materials, negotiate Forward Purchasing Agreements (FPAs), air freight and freight arrangements.
• Set standard of associated cost to the service provided by service order and facilitate and assist reviews with key service order contractor to improve performance in service quality and total cost.
• Maintain inventory to the lowest total cost to the Company. Analyse and recommend the best purchasing method that related with inventory management such as managing of lead time by providing accurate requirement plan.
• Maintain the cataloguing process in order to provide the best information either to internal customer of supplier and support the most informative management data to Manager Supply/Management.
• Tertiary qualification (S1) in Supply Management, Economy, Law or Engineering with 7 years broad experience and proven skills in purchasing and logistics management.
• Financial skills to handle costing and budget responsibilities.
• Negotiation, Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong people management skills, ideally with training in supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English to produce reports and deal with a diverse range of personnel.
• Computer skills in Ellipse or other computer supply systems.
Superintendent - Occupational Health & Safety Information & Management System
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• Lead the OHS Information & Management System Section activities to ensure quality services provided to all KPC divisions, departments and contractors.
• Coordinate development, review, update, and publication of KPC Prima Nirbhaya OHS Management System, standards, and requirements to ensure that the system meets OHSAS18001, legal and other relevant requirements and supports the achievement of KPC OHS goals and targets.
• Manage documentations and records related to KPC PN OHS Management System to ensure security, availability and accessibility for relevant parties, traceability for audit and review purposes.
• Review quality of incident and workplace/area inspection to ensure sufficient information is covered, reported and followed up within time frame.
• Manage good communication and liaison with Intelex Canada and other system/software providers/suppliers for technical issues, support, maintenance, training, and necessary updates of system/software used at KPC.
• Monitor Prinutama/Intelex and Statistic in relation to: frequency of usage on site, correct use and functionality, identification of technical problem, request for enhancement.
• Audit use of Prinutama/Intelex, HSE Info, and Prinasa by work force and develop & implementation action plans to address weakness in its use.
• Minimum S1 in science or relevant field and minimum 7 years working in a mining environment, or D3 with minimum 10 years experience, preferably in a mining environment. Will need 3 - 4 year to become competent.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Occupational Health and Safety Management System, such as NOSA, OHSAS1 8001, etc.
• Through knowledge of the Prima Nirbhaya OHS Management System is advantage.
• Good experience in safety management system auditing. Possession of OHSAS18001 Lead Auditor certificate is an advantage.
• Good mastery of English.
• Good interpersonal skill for liaising with customer.
• Excellent knowledge in computer skill.
• Experience in developing and/or enhancing web site is an advantage.
• Full System training on Prinutama/Intelex Administrator is an advantage.
Superintendent - Safety Monitoring & Commissioning
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• Plan, direct and monitor the section s activities and staff in order to achieve business goals that are consistent with departmental objectives, occupational health and safety targets and PN requirements.
• Liaise with contractors and KPC personnel in all divisions to facilitate a better understanding of safety, occupational health and PN requirements and oversee the monitoring of their adherence to those requirements, the identification of problem areas and recommendations on improvement strategies.
• Provide advice and guidance to KPC and contractor management and safety co-ordinators on the implementation of PN occupational health and safety management systems and standards in the workplace, and ensure they are being implemented consistently across the site.
• Oversee and manage specific safety initiatives and programs, improve identified shortcomings and investigate specific issues.
• Ensure appropriate safety procedures and standards are in place and that Company and contractor employees are made aware of them.
• Develop SWP and other safety policy used across KCP sites, socialised and monitor the implementation. Observe, analyse and develop the changes of these may be required due to the changes of the practical conditions it the field.
• Identify the problems related in safety implementation at all divisions by discussing with Divisional Safety Co-ordinators. Leading in the finding the best problem solving, monitor and control the implementation.
• Liaise with representative of Government, independent auditing institution, and Share Holders for safety audits and system implementation.
• S1 Degree in an engineering discipline (preferably Mining Engineering). Post graduate qualifications in safety related area is an advantage.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years prior experience working as an engineer, preferably in a mining environment is essential. Would require another 3 - 5 years to become competent in this position.
• Extensive experience and proven skills in the Occupational Health and Safety field, preferably with exposure to the mining (ideally open cut mines) or construction industries. Knowledge/experience with OHSAS18001 is an advantage.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills to liaise with KPC personnel and various external groups.
• Sound decision-making skills to address and handle a wide variety of issues.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to influence, motivate and lead others.
If your background meets these requirements, forward your resume (including details of present position & remuneration, your latest color photograph) no later than 13 days after the date of this advertisement to the following address:
Superintendent – Recruitment
PT Kaltim Prima Coal
PO BOX 620
Or e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS A CHALLENGING CAREER PROSPECT AND A VERY COMPETITIVE REMUNERATION AND BENEFIT PACKAGE WILL BE OFFERED TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATE.