To strengthen the World Bank’s infrastructure program in the Indonesia, the World Bank Office in Jakarta is recruiting for the position of:
Water and Sanitation Specialist
The applicant should possess the following characteristics:
• Master’s Degree or higher in water and sanitation engineering, WSS engineering and utility management experience, or other field related to utility or municipal
• At least seven (7) years of proven track record in preparing and implementing municipal water utility projects and analytical studies.
• Familiarity with Indonesian laws and regulations in relation to the local government sector, contract management and administration and including government project approval and supervision procedures.
• Experience with development and implementation of World Bank or other donor-financed operations is highly desirable.
• Sector knowledge in at least one of the following areas: engineering, utility management and finance. Expertise in the field of water supply and sanitation utility management is particularly desirable, though candidates with specialization in other utilities or municipal corporations are also encouraged to apply.
• Demonstrated ability in managing complicated tasks, particularly in terms of preparing and implementing projects involving multiple stakeholders. Familiar and experienced with various aspects of project preparation and implementation, including technical review, appraisal and supervision of works, procurement and governance issues are desirable but not essential..
• Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills, with a strong understanding of the institutional, social, political and cultural issues in one or more of the Infrastructure Development sub-sectors.
• Excellent team player, with a strong client and results orientation, high degree of adaptability, and ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal language skills in English and Indonesian, and proficient computer skills.
Open for Indonesian nationals only. This locally hired appointment shall be for a period of two-year ‘Term’ contract.
Complete job description and how to apply are available at our website: www..worldbank.org/id.
Application should be submitted no later than 1 August 2008.
Late submissions will not be considered; incoming applications through e-mail and phone inquiries will not be accepted.